A Heathen's Perspective

From politics to media, from music to spiritual matters, and from obscure issues to the latest hot button topics, comes the blabber from a true heathen, without regard to the breaking wind of socially-acceptable attitudes, yet with an almost sacred devotion to humor in the face of today's polarized, shout-down-your-opponents climate of fear and intimidation. Original content is copyright 2001-2006, The Heathen Monk. All rights reserved.

Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

Unless otherwise noted, the content of this Weblog is Copyright 2001-2007, The Heathen Monk. All rights reserved. Some material may have been assigned to The Human Trust, 2004-2007. A Custom Search Engine is now available, and will be updated as time goes by: Kindred Sites Search Engine ~

Monday, October 17, 2005

I've Got A Hiatus Hernia

Hiya kidz,

Sorry I haven't been babbling on lately, but it seems that our species' trashing of the planet these last 200 years or so, as we've grown more and more engorged in our industrial/technological/informational revolutions, has reduced me to more of a recluse than usual these last couple of months. Believe me, it's not that I don't have anything to talk about, it's just that this global human disintegration wears on me a lil' bit, ya know? I promise to do my best to do my duty to GAWD! and my readers, regulars or new "read by" visitors, that I'll be back ~ not in an Arnold kinda way ~ but in my own way, slightly skewed, hopefully informative if not a touch provocative, and readable in the Heathen Monk's manner you've grown accustomed to. Until then, in the words of the late Red Sovine, "Have another cup of coffee and forget about the dime, keep it as a souvenir of Big Joe and the Phantom 309!"

HMonk

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad to see that our 'teddy bear', i mean 'Monk' bear is still kicking!:O)

i'll just take that nice hot mug of coffee and sit here and wait for your wonderous return!:O) bunkie.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Double that gladness! I've missed your intelligent, insightful, caring & entertaining blogs, etc. Take care of that hernia now!

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!! I posted a comment this morning and it didn't show up. I'm outraged and beside that I'm really, really upset. It was doozy. I can't remember it now but it was a hoot. Oh well, I've got a real hernia that I'll trade you then you can come back sooner and sit around and write really good stuf about your REAL hernia. Ok, hmmmm? ED

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ed!

I "hernia!" Damn, I'm soooooooo very, very sorry your original comment didn't load properly. Here, take these itty bitty blue tabs, with a cracker and some nice cold chocolate milk. I'll be back in an hour or so to "examine" your hernia. Nurse Betty? Would you please help Ed disrobe? Don't bother flirting with Betty, Ed. She's "dyspepsic" and won't be able to understand ya reeeeel gyood AnyWho...

That'll be $500, pleez & thankyee!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Blogwise - blog directory