A Heathen's Perspective

From politics to media, from music to spiritual matters, and from obscure issues to the latest hot button topics, comes the blabber from a true heathen, without regard to the breaking wind of socially-acceptable attitudes, yet with an almost sacred devotion to humor in the face of today's polarized, shout-down-your-opponents climate of fear and intimidation. Original content is copyright 2001-2006, The Heathen Monk. All rights reserved.

Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

Unless otherwise noted, the content of this Weblog is Copyright 2001-2007, The Heathen Monk. All rights reserved. Some material may have been assigned to The Human Trust, 2004-2007. A Custom Search Engine is now available, and will be updated as time goes by: Kindred Sites Search Engine ~

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Son Of "Tales From the Archives!"

Yes, I admit it. A fine bout with authentic melancholia blossomed over the past few months, and among the last things I've been capable of imagining has been to put a string of sentences together that might amuse and make some sense to myself, much less to you, dear reader. And so, allow me to lazily throw a couple of stinky old nuggets your way as I try my best to regain my wits, won' t you?

By request, a sentimental favorite:

Through the Eyes of a Ten-Year-Old, 1960

From last November, for all you Tom DeCay, The "Hummer" gloaters out there:

Blood In the Water

And in a lighter vein, from last February:

Puddles Gets a Press Pass!

OH! And I'd be a bad uncle if I didn't link you to The Grand Moff's recent post:

When Drooling Superstitious Freaks Attack

(a tasty lil' ol' excerpt that's copyright 2006, Grand Moff Texan, All Rights Reserved):

-----

"This is just like the phony "War on Chist-mas/ians" crap. Crackerstan is useful to the right and the right has an awful lot of news to distract Crackerstan from, so they have to tell Crackerstan that they're under attack. There's nothing left of the right except a convulsive twitch and the people who know how to use it."

-----

And now, if ya pleez, I'm off to have a couple of double Crown on the Rox, and drive to my weekly electro-shock therapy outpatient excursion! Hmmm...I wonder what's worse - drinking and driving BEFORE day shock therapy or after? I'll let ya know...

1 Comments:

Blogger The Heathen Monk said...

To my sweet group of NGU angels who continue to hover over me, just for the record ~ I'm not really taking an outpatient series of mod-ren electroshock. Phew...don't ya feel better? I know I will after juuuuust one more doulbe Crown on the Rox, with a little hard water if ya pleez...

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Blogwise - blog directory